Chocolate Biscuit Fudge
It’s getting to the time of the year when the finances are looking extremely scant, and the stress levels are high because of exams. This biscuit fudge recipe is perfect because it won’t break the bank. I find that fudge tends to be one of the best remedies for stressful times.
125g unsalted butter
1 free range organic egg, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp cocoa, sifted
225g wine biscuits
1. In a small saucepan, gently melt butter and sugar. Remove from the heat.
2. Crush the wine biscuits into a rubble. I find it is easiest to put the biscuits in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to break them up. You want some pieces to be smaller than others, but nothing too fine.
3. Whisk the egg into the butter and sugar. Stir in sifted cocoa with a wooden spoon, then the wine biscuits.
4. Press the mixture firmly into a rectangular brownie tin, smoothing the top with the back of a wooden spoon, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until fully set.
5. Cut into squares, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.