Shaky At Best: The New Zealand Earthquake Forecasting Page With Links to PseudoscienceAt first glance, NZ Earthquake Community is a reputable Facebook page. It’s filled with content from GeoNet and advice about earthquake safety. It’s also only six clicks away from a crackpot’s RV in New Mexico. Information on the page comes from two sources. If you follow the GeoNet rabbithole, you end up at the desks of GNS Science and Civil Defense. But if you follow the “windmap” rabbithole, you end up...
The Wheel Slim Shady: Getting Around the Walk Your Wheels PolicyThe day that Otago University implemented its “Walk Your Wheels” policy was a dark time for all. I’ll never forget cycling into Uni in 2019 and being met with that hideous, mocking sign. I’m a self-confessed pavement cyclist, the bane of Dunedin News. I like to go fast and pretend I’m a whimsical French girl heading to the market with a baguette in my basket. All of a sudden I was being forced to walk, which...
The Phone Games You Havenít Thought About Since 2013: A ReviewThe year was 2012. The Prime Minister was everyone’s favourite blokey Uncle John (just your average BBQing, beer-drinking multi-millionaire investment banker with a Hawaiian holiday home). “Going into debt” meant a $5 loan from my parents for Maccas in town. Lunchtimes seemed to last hours on the school field, and afternoons stretched on forever in a blur of TV2 cartoons interspersed with Erin Simpson before she was...
- The Phone Games You Havenít Thought About Since 2013: A Review
- The Wheel Slim Shady: Getting Around the Walk Your Wheels Policy
- Shaky At Best: The New Zealand Earthquake Forecasting Page With Links to Pseudoscience
- Dunedinís Vegan Food Review
- The Committee: A Tale of Cash, Cocktails, and Conspiracy
- Locked In: what happened when RAs were locked down in residential colleges
- Choose Your Own Adventure: The Field Trips of Otago Uni
- Feathery Friends & Funky Fiends: A guide to finding wildlife in and around Dunedin
- Mythbusting: Academics take a crack at misconceptions in their field
- How to Get a Refund From Your Drug Dealer