Opinion: Don’t be a Sucker – Vote or Get Voted onIt’s that happy time that only comes around once every three years. ‘It was the best of times, the most shitposty of times,’ the famous proclamation tells us. A time of soap box Facebook statuses on WHY. YOU. SHOULD. VOTE. Yet, despite all the internet slacktivism about how important voting is, our demographic (ages 18-24) has the highest amount of non-voters compared to any other demographic; 37.27 percent or 126,065 non-voters...
University Murders Thousands; Critic Runs Inflammatory HeadlineOver 70,000 animals have died in research at the university over the past five years. Figures released to Critic under the Official Information Act show that between 2012 and 2016 the University used 89,680 live animals for research purposes. 71,496 of those (80 per cent) were euthanised after the research was complete. Mice accounted for 43 per cent of all animals used, followed by fish (21 per cent) and rats (20 per cent)....
Do your bloody recycling properly – DCC
The DCC is cracking down on residents not chucking the right stuff in the right bins, so they have launched a new crackdown initiative to make sure you’re not throwing your glass out with your...
VC Reveals At Least 182 Job Cuts For General Staff
University of Otago Vice-Chancellor Harlene Hayne addressed a packed College of Education Auditorium on Friday 14 July to reveal the changes to be made in their Support Services Review. Hayne first...
University Hits Roadblock In Plans to Implement CCTV Across North D
The University of Otago’s planned CCTV surveillance installation took a hit last week as the university discovered they will...
OPINION - Please OUSA, Can We Have Some More?
The Otago University Students’ Association (OUSA) website states that “online referenda are one of the many ways you can have your say through OUSA … on university policy or a wider...
- “No One Man Should Have All That Power” – Football Agents and Their Dangerous Message
- Opinion: Don’t be a Sucker – Vote or Get Voted on
- No Plastic Bag Ban for Countdown NZ Despite Aussie Progress
- Controversial Warehouse Work-Experience Programme Expands
- OPINION - Please OUSA, Can We Have Some More?
- University Hits Roadblock In Plans to Implement CCTV Across North D
- VC Reveals At Least 182 Job Cuts For General Staff
- Do your bloody recycling properly – DCC
- How Healthy Is Our Democracy? Otago Academics Make Their Arguments
- Is $200/week Enough To Buy The Under 23 Vote In The Election?