‘17 Executive already proving to be better than 2016The second executive meeting of the year began with a discussion about a funding request from the charity ‘Heart Kids NZ’, which was swiftly shut down after Education Officer, Bryn Jenkins, noted that OUSA “should be giving to charities in the student interest”, something the other executive members all voiced their agreement with. Finance Officer Cody Kirby, proposed that OUSA then “actively looks for student...
The agenda for the final OUSA Executive meeting of the year was largely uncontentious, as the vast majority of the agenda items were passed without issue: notably a disaffiliation a now defunct group, passing an employment agreement, reporting on Welfare and...
It’s been a hell of a year here at Critic, with plenty of good times. Given our final issue this week, we thought we’d disclose our highlights of the year. Ceri: According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should...
The self-crucifixion of Colin of Howick, King of the Conservatives
Colin Craig, who formed the Conservative Party in 2011, was meant to be with us much longer. He’d declared during the 2014...
Opinion: Is yoga a sport?
Did you just mutter the words “no of course not” internally? Hey now, let's not jump to any conclusions. I know what you’re thinking; yoga is a leisure activity, it’s nothing more than an excuse for Lululemon clad fitspos to get...
The final reportable OUSA Executive meeting began characteristically slowly, but became easily the most interesting meeting of the year as the largely dysfunctional group came to a head over their third quarter reports, which they present at the culmination of...
- ‘17 Executive already proving to be better than 2016
- Execrable Xmas Edition
- Opinion: Is yoga a sport?
- The self-crucifixion of Colin of Howick, King of the Conservatives
- OUSA Execrable | Issue 26
- Opinion: Guardiola proving that the EPL is nothing special
- World got more problems than beach has sand:
- Los Angeles’ bizarre ‘Shade Balls’ save millions
- Legal Aid Office closures put “extra strain on the system”
- Dunedin comedian teams up with 7 Days stars for hilarious new webseries
- Polling booth coming to campus
- Hugh Baird wins OUSA Presidential Election by a landslide, as 4 out of 5 ‘Your Voice’ candidates are successful
- Wawrinka stuns Djokovic to win first US Open
- Opinion: Blackcaps should stop persevering with Martin Guptill
- Tickets? More like clique-ets
- N. Korea nuclear ambitions: This time’s different & no one knows what to do
- Missing: grey rectangles
- More government funding for random drunk hook-ups