University To Finally Provide Late Night Study Spaces To StudentsThe University of Otago has responded to student demand for more late night study spaces on campus. From 22 May to 21 June the St David lecture theatre concourse and surrounds, as well as the upstairs, will be available 24 hours with student swipe card access. From 29 May to 18 June the Union building and Link will be open until 2am, with security staff monitoring student behaviour and welfare. However OUSA’s 24-hour study space, which...
Winston Peters Speaks at Otago Uni, Doesn’t Like Tomato SauceNZ First leader Winston Peters spoke at the University of Otago’s Main Common Room last Wednesday, and within just a few minutes of his speech beginning, began targeting Critic for an article we published in Issue Four. The article, entitled “Winnie Blues: Winston Peters on Yet Another Anti-Immigration Rant,” drew scorn from Peters, who first asked who is “the unreconstructed, four flushing moron that wrote that...
Opinion Piece: On The Upcoming OUSA ReferendumA few years back, when the government was pushing through Voluntary Student Membership (VSM), students’ associations across the country were being slammed as leftwing fringe groups. Students’ associations, it was claimed, had no business making political statements on behalf of students who were forced to join, especially when barely 15 percent even voted for their executives. Just look at the number of former student politicians...
The G.O.A.T. Series Part Two: Women’s Edition
Following on from the men’s edition, we now turn our focus in on the women’s sport and their greats. Names such as Venus and Serena Williams, Flo-Jo and Irene van Dyk spring to mind, due...
Labour Confronting Important Issues
The Labour Party has added to its promises for the upcoming election with another set of policy announcements centred around the growing housing debate and the issue of mental health in New Zealand....
- UKIP Tries to Stay Relevant by Turning to Islamophobia
- Labour Confronting Important Issues
- The G.O.A.T. Series Part Two: Women’s Edition
- Winston Peters Speaks at Otago Uni, Doesn’t Like Tomato Sauce
- Opinion Piece: On The Upcoming OUSA Referendum
- Students Outnumbered By Pizzas at OUSA Student Forum
- Announcement of Financial Help for Students Not All It Seems for Dunedin
- CompSci pips Biology for hardest subject at Uni
- Otago Scientist leads New Zealand Study in Opioid Addiction Recovery
- University To Finally Provide Late Night Study Spaces To Students