I love granola, but I certainly do not love the price of the store bought stuff. The good granola costs about $2 per seed, and that simply is not okay. So instead, I buy my ingredients in bulk and make it at home. This is the basic recipe, but you can mix it up with whatever nuts and seeds you prefer. You could also add dried fruit or chocolate if you like.
2 Tbsp almond butter (you also can use oil or peanut butter)
2 Tbsp honey (you can use any plain syrup)
1 cup jumbo oats
½ cup nuts, roughly chopped (I like walnuts)
¼ cup seeds (I like sunflower seeds)
¼ LSA (linseed, sunflower seed and almond meal) – you can use ground almonds or even flour
½ tsp cinnamon, optional
A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, combine the almond butter and honey. If it is too thick to whisk together, add a splash of water to help the process.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (oats, nuts, seeds, LSA, cinnamon, salt) and stir to combine.
- Add to a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 7-13 minutes. Stir after 7 minutes, then continue to bake until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.