“I’ve been on Ancestry.com, that means I can dress like a chola,” claims local third year student Becky Kane upon purchasing her Hyde St keg party costume. Kane justified her lazily stereotypical costume of a Mexican drug cartel member through “watching Narcos” and proving that she is in fact 1/64th Spanish. Kane says that this costume represents her “heritage,” despite having zero knowledge of Mexican history or culture. When asked if she believed her fake moustache, poncho and sombrero is an offensive stereotype, she deflected the question by ranting about “social justice warriors”. Kane has since refused to answer any further questions.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Moaningful Confessions | Derry Dick
- Third-Year Blames Freshers For Illness, Not Week of Binge Drinking
- GRFT101 Is The First Ever Tertiary-Level Grifting Course
- Fuck, I Canít Cook!
- Kingfisher Lager
- Rate or Hate
- EDITORIAL: Porn has fucked us up
- Moaningful Confessions | A Spicy Night
- Student Excited To Stop Hiding True Self From Parents After Holidays