I passionately believe that the most effective way to tell your special someone you love them is through the gift of chocolate in molten form. These gooey chocolate puddings are so easy to make and will make the person you give it to feel very special. And if you don’t happen to have another person in your life right now, give yourself some love and eat both! Since this pudding is bound to make your special someone stay the night (you are very welcome), I have included my favorite breakfast option you can also make the morning after – because why not make them fall in love with you more!
(makes 2 large puddings)
50g unsalted butter, cubed
65g good quality chocolate, chopped coarsely (at least 50% cocoa solids)
2 free range organic eggs
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
extra butter, for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease 4 large ramekins with butter.
2. Melt butter and chocolate. You can do this by placing a medium sized bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Or you can pop in the microwave for 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until fully melted.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and salt. Add the flour and baking powder and whisk again to combine.
4. Slowly pour the chocolate into the eggy mixture and whisk until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the ramekins, and bake for 9-11 minutes; They are ready to take out once the surface of the pudding is completely matte. The puddings should feel firm and set on the edges but still gooey in the centre. If you are making them ahead of time, place in the refrigerator until needed. Just remember the puddings will take longer (closer to 11 minutes or more) if chilled.
6. Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Best morning after breakfast: Croissants:
- Savory: Fill with camembert cheese, ham, tomato, and basil. Bake in the oven (180 degrees Celsius) until melted.
- Make an incision with a knife into each croissant, and fill with a few squares of Whitakers creamy milk chocolate. Bake in the oven (180 degrees Celsius) until melted.
Best date night spots:
- I am a passionate advocate for etruscos. I wouldn’t recommend the pizza, but the pasta and garlic bread is phenomenal, and the ambience is so romantic.
- Beam me up bagels makes the perfect picnic
- Wanting something sweet? Head to nova for a late nigh dessert