- Asking groups of white boys at parties “so like IS there a difference between Star Wars and Star Trek?” Great way to kick off some discourse, be prepared to get yelled at tho.
- Day drinking during online learning. Nothing like hitting up your 4pm Zoom tut with a two-drink buzz.
- Hitting on your flatties’ siblings . Kinda feels like you’re in The Kissing Booth except less dramatic and more seedy.
- Acting stupid. Once a boy said “nocturnal” and I pretended to not know what it meant. He believed me. I guess men will do anything for an opportunity to mansplain.
- Getting a covid test. The Student Health workers are in full hazmat suits so it feels incredibly dystopian, in a hot way (I felt like I was in the trailer for the new movie with the ginger guy from Riverdale).
- Freshers getting egged. Just because they were wearing togas doesn’t mean they were asking for it.
- Leftists on bikes. At least when I do it, I have the good grace to wear a short skirt.
- People thinking I’m a fresher. Fuck u @ the guy who didn’t believe me even after I brought out my timetable.
- The weirdly distinct stench of the second-floor Central bathrooms (who spilled their juice box in 1994???)
- Dunedin North Intermediate School changing their bell to music. It sounds good in theory but this morning I woke up to Driver’s Licence playing really loudly at 9am.