Buckle in, because this is a gamechanger. I’m about to teach you how to make food that looks like store-bought mini-savouries but way, way cheaper for your broke ass.
This recipe can be changed depending on what you have on hand, the only ingredients you absolutely need are eggs and bread, all others are dependent on taste and $$.
- Start with heating up your oven to 200 OC and buttering a muffin tin. Scarfie Chef Tip: heat the tray up first then butter the hot tray with a cube of butter like a glue stick.
- Beat as many eggs as you like for how many you plan on making into a mixing bowl. I used 8, which made me 12 small ones and 4 big ones.
- Mix in a splash of milk, not too much, as a rough estimate I’d say about ¼ cup per 2 eggs you use (if you are unsure go with less, this recipe will be ruined if you use too much milk).
- Add in whatever extra stuff you have, it’s all good. Bacon, shaved ham, red onion, even some gross mixed vegetables like Couplands does, if you’re that way inclined.
- Next add cheese to your mixing bowl, as much or as little as you like but the mixture needs to remain mostly liquid.
- Mix it all up, adding in any seasoning that tickles your fancy (mine were extra spicy due to the addition of cracked black pepper).
- Add your bread into the muffin tray, any old bread works. The sandwich slice is easier to get into the tray, but toast slice provides a better crust. Be careful when pushing it into the tray as bread is weak and breaks down easily, just like you during exam time. Don’t worry if your bread does rip though, the egg mixture will fix your fuck ups.
- Pour the mixture into your bread cases, remember your cheese and extras are sitting at the bottom; remember to scrape this evenly into the cases as well.
- Put in the oven at 200•C on fan bake for about ten minutes. To check it is done poke a knife into one, if there is still runny egg on it put back in for another couple minutes and repeat this process until they are done. If you get to 40min of cooking and the mixture is still runny, congrats you fucked it up somehow.
Eat hot or put them in the fridge for a great study snack or lunch, the size of meal really comes down to how many you eat or how big you make them so go wild.